Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Bacon jam

Some of my colleagues go wild over pork. I saw bacon jam on Uncrate.com and about lost myself in complete bliss over the idea of spreading this over some wheat toast in the morning along with my eggs, more bacon on the side, and black coffee. Seriously, this sounds delicious!
…..what the heck is bacon jam?...

It is something we’ve been cooking up for a couple of years now on our trailers and for our burgers

…….we take a big bunch of really really good bacon, and render it down...add a bunch of spices..onions, etc..and let it simmer for about 6 hours…give it a quick puree, and blast chill it…and you have bacon jam..


P.S. Eggs are fun and according to some, notoriously difficult, to pair wine with. Frankly, I think Erik Johnson said it best, "Want to drink burgundy with pizza? Go ahead! In fact, give me a call--I'll join you".

ADDENDUM: Bacon jam sells T-shirts! Steep, $35 + taxes/S&H, but how could you resist?

No comments:

Post a Comment